Thursday, November 6, 2008

I never was one to stick to anything

So I'm back.

I was browsing through here, as I was updating my "A Thousand Times" (Which I finished! On time!! See them all over there in my side bar) and I noticed on an older post that there were more comments than I remembered. AS I read them, I felt so guilty! Ashley, from Heart and Home, had added me to her blog lines (faint!) and more than a few others said they would be back.

Forgive me?

Truly, in all honesty, it's not that hard to transfer posts from Xanga over here. So I shall. No, I have not magically discovered Self Discipline or Time Management, but, I figure, it'd be good for a laugh to document the path towards it. We have a saying in our home, that our place is like a party that never quits. I have loved documenting our lives on Xanga, it certainly calls for introspection towards your inner motives of life... a common thought through my head is "I really must remember to post about that."

And, true to form, the last Xanga post was a breath of fresh air and wit....

"Please tell me I'm not the only one who's managed to put a disposable nappy through the washing machine"

Because I am all that is eloquent and profound.

To quickly bring all who still trip by here up to date, Adam has turned thirty, and after professing all year that it really didn't phase him, come the day, as he put it "then I arrived here. Get me alcohol." We are absconding for a weekend; we've separated the children to two families, and are having three days of Sweet F A. (That's an Aussie-ism. You may need clarification. Just imagine the F with a few asterisks after it. The last word is All. Does that help?)

We are strongly considering home school next year, (because having my kids at home all the time never drives me up the wall *cough*) but are unsure of how to actually go about it. While we don't want to un-school, we do want to um, how do I say, supplement a lot of the curriculum with biblical principals and teaching, and we don't really know how to go about it, and keep withing guide lines. We do have a homeschooling family in our church (one of only two that I know! It's rare here. Though, as Adam and I discussed last week, if we were on a cattle station [ranch] and were doing Distance Education, no one would bat an eyelid. Home school is pretty much the same thing, though we are within distance of a school) so we are going to talk to them about it a little bit more.

I shan't continue on anymore. But if I may, could I please ask you to drop me a line and let me know you are still here? I am very penitent, and promise faithfully to never leave you again.

No comments: