Thursday, June 26, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday (1st edition)

Ok, so it's actually Thursday here, but I have to wait for the rest of the world to the west to catch up.

This isn't very revolutionary, but my brain is fried, and it's all I can think of.

I mentioned that we are moving. I did not mention how much I loathe doing laundry. Especially on top of packing and painting and cleaning. So, I spent one day doing all the laundry, and then packed everything into suitcases and boxes, leaving everyone with about three outfits each for the last two weeks, including church clothes. (I should add it's semester break here, so they don't have to go to school.) Saves me having to stay on top of the laundry as well as everything else. Works for Me!

2 comments:

Kristin - The Goat said...

That's a very good idea...especially if you can wash it all in one or two loads.

My husband and I move about every three years and the last time we moved I packed a small suitcase for each of us a few weeks before the move - so it was nearly the same thing you did.

Excellent tip!

Kristin

Meg in Tally said...

Good idea. I'd like to do this...but not move! LOL!! I doubt my dd would appreciate that. I can hardly get her to part with clothes she CAN'T wear anymore.

Love your banner picture!